BLACK VOICES AMPLIFIED CONTEST
Congratulations on taking this BIG STEP toward changing the narrative.
Kick-off 2021 with BWIR and earn a special feature on the website for 12-months free advertising!
We recognize the urgency to support the creative Black Voice. Black Women In Radio (BWIR) is the first and only network of its kind to change the narrative of how women are perceived in media. We are successfully promoting thousands of minority women globally from multi-generations to amplify their professional contributions to Black culture. This contest demonstrates our commitment to exemplifying true, positive, and authentic diversity within our culture.
- You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the contest submission.
- You are not required to be a member of BWIR to participate.
- You must have worked in radio (traditional or digital) in any capacity as a professional or student.
- You must be the principal content creator, artist, producer, or talent.
- You must own the rights to your work.
- Qualifying categories include Podcast, TV/Radio Show, Vlogger, Blogger, Writer, audio/video Producer, Artist (all mediums of painting and photography), or Graphic Art Designer.
- No nudity or profane language.
Submissions are open from September 20th until midnight on November 20th.
Write a summary. Tell us who you are and your work experience in radio in the beginning of the summary. Also answer the following: 1) Why it is important for Black Voices to be heard. 2) Why did you choose this form of creative art to self express? 3) What form of media did you choose and why? 4) What do you hope to gain and how will people benefit from your work? What success have you had so far? Why do you think BWIR is the platform for your work? DEADLINE: Midnight on November 20th.
Provide a downloadable sample of your work.
Include the appropriate link access to listen or view your work. For example, YouTube, We Transfer, Google Drive, attach a downloadable link to a mp3 or mp4.
Email the summary and work samples and/or any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. DEADLINE IS Midnight on November 20th.
We will review all submissions. Ten (10) candidates will be selected based on creative message, content, artistic expression, delivery, application of art elements, technique, design, continuity and written summary. The winners will be announced on all BWIR digital media platforms Friday, January 1, 2021 at Noon. Winners will kick off 2021 with a special feature on the BWIR website and begin the year with free advertising for each for one year.