- LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MEDIA INDUSTRY
- LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- FIND OUT WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT IN THE BUSINESS
- SEE HOW MEDIA PROFESSIONALS NAVIGATE THE HIGHS AND LOWS OF BUSINESS AND CAREER
- LEARN HOW TO CREATE PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS TO IMPROVE SUCCESS
Meet some of the BWIR workshop instructors
- The vivacious radio and TV personality has become a household name in Chicago after rocking the airwaves for nearly 20 years.
- Bioncé Foxx hosted the “Foxx on the Box Show” at iHeartMedia’s 107.5 WGCI, and gained international fame after the show aired on the island of Bermuda and throughout the Cayman Islands.
- “The Bioncé FoxXperience” is home to Chicago’s V103 and can also be heard in more than 20 markets across the country. She also hosts weekend shows on V100.7 in Milwaukee.
- Foxx is a Lead instructor for radio broadcasting programs throughout Chicagoland including one at Chicago State University where she also produced a radio show on the school’s radio station.
- Indianapolis radio talent of 13 years Donna Schiele works at Atlanta’s Classix 102.9 and hosts the “H.E.Y. Girl!” podcast.
- National voice over talent also produces commemorative graduation videos.
- Donna is a K-8 educator who became an assistant principal and received “Teacher of the Year,” twice during her 20 year career in education.
- Fel’esha Love was co-host for five Atlanta Morning Shows and received several community awards from both the Atlanta Mayor’s office and Georgia Governor’s office during her 30 year career.
- A former Spelman College professor and Rockdale Public School teacher, Love facilitates Leadership and Best Business Practices workshops for business, organizations and institutions.
- As founder of BWIR, Love connects thousands of minority women from multi-generations to celebrate their professional contributions to radio culture on a global platform.
- She developed MySpiritFitness Management Group, LLC to produce positive creative content for multimedia platforms. (The BWIR Podcast, “Her Digital Universe” TV Show, The Two-Minute Manager Shows, and the MySpiritFitness Wellness Moment Shows.)
- First Lady is perhaps one of the most versatile women in radio. Working in multiple areas of the radio industry from New York, Chicago, Indianapolis and The UK.
- First Female mixers on urban radio – WGCI-FM Chicago 1986
- Program Director/ Midday Talent/ DJ(mixer) – The FM Omni Channel 95.1 Chicago Digital Station
- International Programming Consultant & Mixer – London based stations SG-1Radio, SG-1 Soul and SG-1House
- Ranked #17 Top Black Women In Media (Radio Facts 2006)
- 2006 Billboard Radio Large Market APD/MD Programmer of the Year
- 2010 Stellar Large Market Gospel Station of the Year
- 2010 GMA Station of the Year
- National Black Radio Hall of Fame – Chicago Chapter President
- Black Women In Radio – Executive Liaison & Executive Board Member
- Inducted into the Frankie Knuckles DJ Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
- Kesha Monk has been wowing people with her voice for over 25 years.
- She has recorded projects for global brands such as Mcdonalds, Dreamworks, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Coca Cola, Chick Fil A, Dunkin Donuts and more.
- She is the promo voice for Queen Sugar on the Oprah Winfrey Network and the live announcer for the Soul Train Award which airs on BET.
- Angela Greene is one of the most powerful writers in modern history.
- A former Gwinnett County Public School high school teacher, Greene represented herself through four jurisdictions in a civil rights case with no legal education or training.
- Her book, Unnecessary Roughness is archived in the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
- Greene recently wrote the original brief in a school-to-prison pipeline case that was won on appeal in Gwinnett County.
- The 30-year broadcast veteran is Black Women In Radio Board Member and Director of Public Affairs and Media Relations.
- Greene is the creator, writer, and host of Jazz Flavors on WPGN Radio Atlanta